Very High Power Handheld Laser
- Start fires
- Kill bugs (e.g., zap spiders and other creepy crawlers on the ceiling or somewhere out of convenient reach)
- Make wood art (e.g., wood-burning; soft wood is best)
- Alert others of a problem (that is, use it as an Emergency Beacon)
- Melt Insulation off wiring
- Engrave or etch anodized metals
- Weld soft plastics
Some people call this laser a "high power torch"; others just call it a "burning laser". Both names are appropriate.
We have heard these terms for years. Most of the time, they've been nothing more than hype. It's only been recently that we have seen lasers that burn through other materials.
This unit definitely lives up to its name: It generates an intense blue beam that appears to be at a wavelength of about 450 nanometers. It has an adjustable focus and multiple output modes: High, Low, and Strobe.
We don't have a laser power meter, but given what we've seen in lasers, we think the Hi-Power Out is around 10 watts (assuming the unit is focused and the batteries are fresh.) Low power is around 5 watts; and the laser strobe pulses at about 1 Hz (1 pulse per second).
Here are some of its specifications:
Size: 14.12 inches long x 1.41 inches in diameter (360x36 mm)
Beam style: continuous line.
Material: Aluminum alloy
Body Color: black
Brightness: 5000 lumens
Spot size: less 0.4 inches at roughly 21 feet (6M place <φ10mm)
Power supply: 2 x Li-ion 26650 Battery (4 included in the kit so you can have 2 charging and 2 in the unit itself.
Laser range: 5 to 7.5 miles (8000-12000 meters .
Working voltage: DC=7.4V.
Preheat time: < 3seconds
Weight: 1.43 pounds (650g)
- Safety Glasses Included
- 5 Star Caps for Light Shows
- Elegant and rugged, high quality carrying case
- 2 x safety keys
Notification: Never point it to eyes and Keep it away from children!!!
- 1 x Blue Laser Pointer
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x Protective glasses
- 4 x Rechargeable 26650 batteries
- 5 x Star caps
- 2 x Safety keys
- 1 x Aluminum BOX